Jul 12, 2009

The Hunt

No, its not the hunt for EF 50 1.4 USM. but it's about ND filter.

At 22nd of July, there will be a solar eclipse here. In kansai area, only partial solar eclipse (about 80%) can be seen.

I determined to shoot at that day. Maybe, it will be the first and the last solar eclipse that I will shoot. The last solar eclipse in my life was about 11 years ago. But I couldn't see the event because I need to attend extra class on that day.

Back to the topic.

To shoot a partial solar eclipse, an ND filter with the reduction about 13 stop is needed to took the picture of this spectacular event. Kenko has started to sell their PRO ND1000, which is specially made for this event. However, the price is near 20000 yen. The other choice is from fujifilm. Their produced ND filters that have the same reduction with a lower price. You can get any of their ND filter range from ND 0.1 (1/3 reduction) ~ ND 4.0 (13 1/3 reduction) at the same price (around 2000yen).

However, Kenko PRO ND1000 and Fujifilm ND4.0 are out of stock. A note from a big electronic store said, the new stock will arrive in August.

The search through auction also didn't give me any good result. So, I decided to buy 2 Fujifilm ND2.0 (6 2/3 reduction). Of course, the cost will be doubled. But I have no choice.

I already placed my order, now I'm just hoping that they have it in their stock and make it in time.


0 reflections:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger