Jul 30, 2009

My new toy

I bought a new lens earlier this week. It's the EF 35-80 f/4-5.6 III. According the review by some people and sites, this is a crap lens. But why I bought it?

I found a forum discussing about canon camera. A thread called "EF 35-80 for macro" caught my attention. After reading all 4 pages, and see the result, I decided to give it a try. Luckily, there are plenty of them on the local auction site. And I got this lens for about 900 yen (with delivery fees).

Then, with the instruction given I hack the lens. It was very easy. I just have to remove the front element.



I took a screw that I took off when I removed the front element and put it on my cutting board. The screw length is about 7mm.



To shoot, my camera must be about 2-4cm to get the subject in focus. Because the front element has been removed, the lens AF is useless.

I also took several test shot.




0 reflections:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger